soylent-launch-thumb

Soylent is a new take on food. It asks how simplified can we make the things our bodies need to function everyday and how cost effective can we make it?

I’ve been keeping up with the soylent project ever since I saw this video on Dnews

I think this is an excellent idea, and I’ve helped crowd fun his initial batches.

The idea of stepping away from food may sound strange, so let me cover a few questions right now.

1. the idea that it could give you everything sounds dubious, aren’t you worried you might get deficient in something?

Unless cheeseburgers and fries have everything the body needs, I’m really not, this is an improvement.

2. won’t your teeth fall out or you wont you stop being able to process solid foods after a while?

Nope, because this is something that will replace things I don’t want to eat but do because I’m in a hurry and hungry. I’d say that’s 75% of the time. I’ll still eat whatever I want the other 25%

3. There’s shit like this already out on the market, you should go with something tested.

There are other products, but they are not made for a totally healthy full grown adult. One is a diet drink that doesn’t replace food and another can’t be eaten by people with tongues. This is a third option and a good one to go with.

Of course there is a long way to go with any new idea I make this post so you can jump on if you want to.

I really do see a world where this is offered as an alternative everywhere you go, and the health benefits are huge compared to what most Americans run on right now.

If you think about it, the more who use it the cheaper it will become and the easier it will be to feed large groups where it is known to be problematic.

Getting this mass produced and shipped out to difficult places would not solve world hunger but it would be a dramatic improvmenet.

So yea, I support and it and I think you should too.

Gab and I will be splitting the months supply with it arrives in august, we’ll be sure to let you know how we feel as we go.

I just hope there will be the ability to buy more if we end up liking it!