CyClone-Patches-thumb

With the release of the cast photos from the Lucidity project I think it’s time to break down how the uniforms were made.

The bigger parts of the uniform were not made by me, and deserve their own post, so I’m going to start with the patches Gab and I worked on.

Let’s start with CyClone

CyClone-Header

CyClone is a multi-planetary super-trillion dollar corporation that is funding the Lucidity expedition.

They are not a military organisation per se but still wear uniforms when appropriate.

Gabi’s sewing machine is capable of doing patch work and we really wanted to try it out.

20130207_7345

Our first few attempts didn’t work out very well.

20130211_7374

We simplified the design but it still seemed kind of thin.

20130211_7373

We tried a few different versions but were at a dead end so I asked a professional for advice and switched to a new digitizing software.

20130219_7441

Now we’re talking! A rescaling, and some color changes and we were in business.

20130222_7476

The CyClone patch and names were all done in a program called Master Works Lite, which we are using in demo mode. I think you’ll agree that it does a great job converting vector graphics.

The Lucidity Logo and those bad assed cuffs and collars were done by someone one else, so tune in tomorrow and I’ll tell you about that!